Tuesday, October 22, 2013

- - Julep | Starter Box Review - -

I hope everyone is having a lovely Tuesday!

I came down with a case of food poisoning today, so it's been a bit of a rough day for me. Nonetheless, I'm excited to get this post started!

A few weeks ago I received this starter kit from Julep:






When you first start off with Julep, you get matched up with a style profile. I ended up getting matched as a "Bombshell." At first I was kind of bummed - - I didn't think my personality matched the "confident frill-seeker with magnetic appeal" profile. Plus, I didn't think I could get a lot of use out of the colours offered to me in the Bombshell started kit:
 
Bombshell Starter Kit

Keep in mind that if you're interested in becoming a Julep Maven, then you wont necessarily be choosing from the set above or below. My understanding is that the starter boxes change every month.

Luckily, you're under no obligation to commit to the profile that you have been matched up with. You actually do get to check out what's offered in boxes for other style profiles. The one that caught my eye was the Classic With a Twist set:
Classic With a Twist Starter Box
This set includes: Claudette, Helen, and the Mint Condition Pedi Crème. I also added Cassie to my order. Because of the ($4.99) add-on and the promotional code that I used (get your first box free when you use code FREEBOX), my total came out to less than $9 ($3.99 shipping - typically shipping is free). This box would've cost me $25 ($19.99 a month + if I chose an add-on item).



 (Referral link: here)

 Moving on to the box itself:

The two original nail polish colours:


Plus Cassie:

Helen, Claudette, & Cassie.
Beauty products in the box:
 

  

I haven't used the pedicure cream yet and to be completely honest, I'm a bit weary of using it because of the caution label. I'm sure I will try it sometime though. 

On the last side of the pedi cream box is this awesome label:


The label reads: "Julep is powered by girlfriends. We believe beauty is about connection, not about competition. That is why we donate a portion of the proceeds to organizations that support women." 
Kudos to you, Julep!

Finally, the last product in the box was this nail moisture mask (haven't used it yet):




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Along with my first Julep box, I also ordered the nail polish, Dahlia, that I saw after I had explored the website and after I had placed my order for the box above. I received a code for 50% off a nail polish after I completed my Beauty Bio, so my second order ended up coming out to just above $5.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 


I'll be coming out with more swatches in the coming posts. 


As always, thank you kindly for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment