Thursday, October 17, 2013

- - Studded Belt & Neck Scarf - -

To officially begin my blog, I'd like to share the outfit that I wore to work yesterday.

There are days when I like to go back to my favourite black & white basics. To spice up this outfit, I added a studded belt and a navy scarf. The neck scarf is actually a pocket square! In my next post I'll share my favourite way of tying square scarfs. To finish off the outfit I slipped on a pair of black kitten heels from Naturalizer.

As you can see - nothing too crazy! There are a few things I could've changed about this outfit (which is something you are welcome to try with your pieces at home):
1) Neck scarf  = red
2) Different colour belt (preferably red!)
3) Bright red lips :)
4) Perhaps red heels (Love these) and/or a red purse to match (something like this)

I think red is a great colour for black & white pairings, but do feel free to experiment with other pops of colour.

 It might be a bit difficult to see the outfits in my pictures, so I think I'll keep creating outfit sets on polyvore from now on.

Please excuse the quality of my not-an-iPhone-phone!


- - -
Skirt - Manhattan Tex Skirt (Similar style here)
Belt - Sandy Stud Belt 
Pocket Square - Club Monaco {old}
Shirt - Stephanie Striped Top
- - -

 

A quick thought -- I think it would be awesome to match up a studded belt with a studded heel (not necessarily for work, haha).

 

 

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment