Monday, March 24, 2014

- - Chapters | 3 for $10 Classics - -


Hey everyone,

I've been pretty busy since my last post - with work, with school - and to add onto everything, I found out last night about the untimely passing of my grandmother (father's side). So yeah...just a roller coaster of emotions lately.

Anyways, to keep myself distracted I've been working on a review of the Spring 2014 Luxe Box, which I'm hoping will be published shortly. I'm also hoping that loosebutton.com will update my product dashboard soon because that would significantly speed up the process. (Oh! And I also received my Lucky Mystery Box(es) 15 minutes ago. Thanks, Julep!)

However, today, I want to tell you about an awesome online offer that has returned to Chapters, our beloved Canadian bookstore. Read about the offer after the jump...



For anyone who has been following my progress on the 23 Before 23 post, you'll know that I have renewed my love of reading almost a month ago now. Hence, I am ecstatic that Chapters.ca has returned their offer, which allows you to get 3 classic novels, published by Arcturus, for only $10!

The available titles this time around include:
  1. Memoirs Of Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
  2. Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde (Robert Louis Stevenson)
  3. Pride And Prejudice (Jane Austen)
  4. David Copperfield (Charles Dickens)
  5. Dracula (Bram Stoker)
  6. Fanny Hill (John Cleland)
  7. Hard Times (Charles Dickens)
  8. Heart Of Darkness (Joseph Conrad)
  9. The Iliad (Homer) *
  10. Wuthering Heights (Emily Brontë)
  11. Journey To The Centre Of The Earth (Jules Verne)
  12. Madame Bovary (Gustave Flaubert) - what I'm currently reading!
  13. Mansfield Park (Jane Austen)
  14. Moby Dick (Herman Melville)
  15. Moonstone (Wilkie Collins)
  16. The Odyssey (Homer) *
  17. Picture Of Dorian Gray (Oscar Wilde)
  18. The Return Of Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
  19. Robinson Crusoe (Daniel Defoe)
  20. Sense And Sensibility (Jane Austen)
  21. Sons And Lovers (D.H. Lawrence)
  22. Tender Is The Night (F. Scott Fitzgerald)
  23. The Gambler (Fyodor Dostoevsky)
  24. Emma (Jane Austen)
  25. Vanity Fair (William Makepeace Thackeray)
  26. Jane Eyre (Charlotte Brontë)
* Please note that the Arcturus editions of The Iliad & The Odyssey are in prose form, which is not at all true to their verse form origins. You can find much better versions of these two epics from translators such as Robert Fitzgerald and Robert Fagles.


Chapters had this 3 for $10 offer for the longest time, and it's only in the last few months that they stopped it. Since its beginning about a year and a half ago, I've had the chance to stock up on so many classics that I literally have nowhere to put them! 

The reason why I've decided to invest in these particular books is because: a) I would like to have an English collection of timeless novels (my father currently has a Russian equivalent), and b) due to the uniform design of the Arcturus novels, these books actually look like an impressively harmonious collection on the bookshelf. I also really like the artwork on the covers.

Arcturus Publishing has a number of other titles in their classic novels collections that I haven't mentioned above because they are marked out of stock and it's highly unlikely that they are coming back - I'm actually saddened by this.

Right now I have a brand new copy of Hard Times by Charles Dickens that I'm giving away (free of charge!). It's on a first come, first served basis, so let me know either in the comments below or by contacting me at magnificent-road@outlook.com if you would like this copy:



Chapters.ca ships to Canada, U.S., and internationally.

Have you read anything from the classics?


Thank you for reading. -A.~

No comments:

Post a Comment