Friday, March 07, 2014

- - Monthly Empties | February 2014 - -


Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a lovely Friday!

Unlike in January, I only finished a few products this month (it doesn't seem like it because I've added foil packets this time around!). Let's take a look, shall we?



 1 || UltraShine Moisture Conditioner (EVOLVh)
         (Full size: $25 for 250 mL)
         (Link to product)


I was pretty sad when I finished this bottle because this is the best conditioner I have ever tried. That's not even an exaggeration! This product quickly became my favourite part of taking a shower. I 've already talked about this conditioner when I reviewed my Winter Luxe Box (2013), so I wont go into too much detail here. 

Basically, this conditioner absorbs into your hair rather than staying on it. As a result, my hair felt soft and light every time I used it. Plus, it smells amazing!

Purchase? Yes!


 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 || Spa Sea Lotus Body Wash (H2O Plus)
        (Travel size: $5 for 60 mL || Full size: $18 for 370 mL)
        (Links to product: travel size | full size)

I don't really have too much to say about this product. My favourite aspects of this body wash were the smell and the gel-like consistency.

Purchase? No.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 || Rock Star Hand Crème (Julep)
         (Full size: 85 g/3 oz for $16.00)
         (Link to product)

Although the scent of this hand cream can be a little too much sometimes, the hand cream does its job of moisturizing quite well. When it comes to hand creams, I'm really particular about not having oily palms (so that I can continue working on something), so I usually result to rubbing the backs of my hands together or relying on creams that absorb quickly. This hand cream does leave an oily residue behind, but I've been finding that it doesn't really really affect me too much because it's so minor that I can keep working with my hands.

I got this hand cream in November (which says something about its longevity) in a $75 set that Julep was giving out with a $25 (I think) purchase. Since Julep is known for offering really good promotions and putting samples of this product in mystery boxes, I don't think I'll be purchasing this hand cream on its own.

Purchase? No.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
     
Foil packets

4 || Aqua Effect Mattifying Day Care & Aqua Effect Purifying Cleansing Gel (Nivea)
         (Links to products: Mattifying Day Care | Cleansing Gel)

These Nivea foil packets had been lying around for a while, so I figured that it was time to give them a try. The cleanser smelled good and left my skin feeling refreshed. The Mattifying Day Care moisturizer also had a nice scent, but my biggest issue was that it did a poor job of absorbing. I put the moisturizer on before going to bed and when I washed my face the next morning, I could feel that I was washing off the product - it had barely (if at all) absorbed. The next day I experienced an allergic reaction where my face was basically inflamed (dry, hot and red) - this lasted for a good week and a half. Now, I'm not saying that these two events are connected (using the Nivea cream and getting an allergic reaction), but they sure did happen within a small time frame of each other. Needless to say, it was definitely not the best experience.

Purchase? No.

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 || Luxurious Volume: Touchably Full Shampoo and Conditioner (John Frieda)
         (Full size: $6.99 for 8.45 oz)
         (Links to products: shampoo | conditioner)  

I find that I sometimes use products because of their scent. I feel like this was the same with these John Frieda foil packets. The shampoo was just okay, and the conditioner did leave my hair feeling somewhat light. I received two of these in Beauty Box 5 this month, so I passed a set along to my mom. She said that the shampoo didn't really make too much of an impression, but the conditioner - THAT she fell in love with. 

These are good for colour-treated hair, but since I've never coloured my hair before I don't really benefit from that. Had I decided to save them, these would've probably been good for two showers.
Purchase? No.



How did you do with your empties this month?


Thank you for reading! -A.~

No comments:

Post a Comment