Monday, May 05, 2014

- - Monthly Manicures | April 2014 - -


Dear readers,

Today's post is also going to be very brief since April was a stressful month and I just didn't feel up for giving myself manicures. I wont leave you without a Monthly Manicures post though! I'm going to show you guys two designs/nail polishes that I tried out early in April.

Check those out after the jump...

*  All of the photos in this post were taken indoors with either flash/no flash. *
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mani #1
  Charlotte & Misti (Julep) | Lovely Me:Ex BR803 (The Face Shop)


Early on in April I was sitting home one evening and I saw a water marbling how-to video making it's rounds on Facebook. I was in the mood to try something new and fun, so I decided to try out water marbling! I guess I didn't watch the end process properly because I kept taking out my finger out of the water without cleaning up the dried polish on top of the water first. I guess I was really convinced that I had gotten everything there was about the video. I'll be more careful next time since I know better now.


Anyways, after several unsuccessful attempts, I finally got a design that looked passable! Success! I was pretty exhausted and tired of feeling like a failure though, so I decided that was going to be it and I painted the rest of my nails using Misti and Charlotte. Interestingly, I found out that many of the Julep polishes that I wanted to use were terrible for water marbling since their formulas were fairly thick.

Mani #2
  Abigail (Julep)
 

I've had my eye on Abigail for the past four months. It's a beautiful light peony pink silk polish that I was silly to overlook in Julep's Boudoir Collection back in January. I finally got a chance to purchase Abigail in April, and I have to say that it is equally beautiful in person as it is online. It looks very much like Shannon that I swatched in the last set of Monthly Manicures (see mani #4).

 
I wanted to see what a silk polish would look like with a top coat on, so that is why Abigail looks so shiny in the two photos above. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of Abigail without a top coat at this time.
 
 
What do you think of these two manicures? Have you ever tried water marbling? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
 
If you would like to see my manicures from previous months, you can find them all here.

Thank you for reading! -A.~

No comments:

Post a Comment