Friday, June 06, 2014

- - Beauty Box 5 | May 2014 Review - -


Happy Friday!

Today I'm following up my April Beauty Box 5 review with the one for May. The theme for the May box was "Fresh and Focused."

Lets take a look at the products right after the jump...
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
What is Beauty Box 5? 
BB5 is a subscription-based, beauty sampling service that delivers 5 deluxe samples & full-sized products to you every month.

Frequency: monthly  
Subscription Plans:
     Monthly = $12
     Quarterly = $10/month
     Annual = $8.25/month 
Ships to: lower 48 United States and Canada
Shipping Cost: FREE (USPS / Canada Post) 
Shipping Date: 8th of every month

(A kind thank you to anyone who would like to use my referral link in signing up.)
 
Previous BB5 reviews:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Huh, I guess I don't really have any "first peek" photos for you today. Anyways, here is the product card that outlines each of the items in your box and includes a short description and the price of the full-sized product.


I tend to look at the product card after I've seen all of the products in my box - makes everything more of a mystery!


*Please note that all of the prices are in U.S. dollars.*

1 | Hydrating Facial Sheet Mask in Beauty Rest'ore (MaskerAide) 
      (FULL SIZE: $5.99 for 1 mask)
      (Link to product)
 

First off - I find the packaging design really attractive!

I did get to use this mask a few days ago and I found it really, REALLY moist. You would definitely have no question about this being a "hydrating" mask.

 
Masks are a little luxury that I enjoy from time to time. I rarely keep product on my face though. I will just wash off the residue after a facial mask, which I'm guessing sort of defeats the purpose of it.
 
2 | Aqualibrium Marine Cleansing Gel (H2O Plus)
      (Sample size: $1.20 for 8 mL/0.27 fl oz | Full size: $18.00 for 120 mL/4 fl oz)
      (Link to product)
 
 
Despite what it may look like in the picture, this sample is really small and dainty. I love the packaging here as well.I forgot to take a picture of what the actual gel looks like, but it's clear with little tiny blue spheres in it. I'm going to keep using this product, but it's mostly just okay.

3 | Total Refresh Cooling Body Cloths in Restore (Ban) 
      (Sample size: $0.90 for 3 cloths | Full size: $2.97 for 10 cloths)
      (Link to product)
 

Wipes/cloths are always welcome in subscription boxes! A good friend of mine actually recently got a few of these sample packets at Costco. I didn't need to travel to Costco, so I guess that's my trade-off for getting these in my box.
 
The cloths themselves aren't too bad. They promise to bring you "instant freshness anytime, anywhere." I opened one packet last night. The cloths are decently sized (not too big, not too small) and they have a scent of baby powder and rubbing alcohol - both overpowering one anothing. It's an interesting mix. What I like about this product is that you can use it on any part of your body and there is actually a cooling sensation afterwards.
 
4 | Hello Eau De Toilette (Harevy Prince) 
      (Sample size: $2 for 2 mL| Full size: $55.00 for 50 mL/5.7 oz)
      (Links to product: BB5 | Harvey Prince)
 

Fragrance samples are always welcome in boxes! :)


Hello is a floral/citrusy scent that's quite pleasant actually. It is quite popular as it has already sold out on the BB5 site.

 
The major complain I've heard about this fragrance is that the scent tends to fade fairly quickly. I sort of disagree. When I spray it on my wrist, the scent does linger for a few hours.
 
5 | Precisione Eye Liner in Black (CATTIVA) 
      (FULL SIZE: $20.00 for 0.35 g/0.012 oz)
      (Links to product: BB5 | Cattiva)
 
 
Eyeliners are always awesome, but I'm finding that I'm really starting to accumulate them. What is unique about this one is that it's waterproof - I actually don't think I have any waterproof eyeliners in my collection!


What I find interesting is that even though this is supposedly a full size product, the packaging says: "Sample - Not For Resale." Could mean nothing though.

There's plenty of product and it can obtained by twisting the bottom half of the eyeliner.

 
Believe me when I say that this eyeliner is definitely waterproof - water barely removed anything when I tried washing off the swatch. As I was telling my friend the other day - I'm pretty sure I could walk through a waterpark and come out with most of the eyeliner still intact!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 || Total Value: $30.09 (US) ||
 
Overall, I liked this box very much! I'm going to be using absolutely everything from it, which is something that I think I haven't said about BB5 in a while.
 
Do you subscribe to Beauty Box 5? If you would like to subscribe and wouldn't mind using my referral link, you can do so here.
 
Thank you for reading! -A.~

No comments:

Post a Comment