Thursday, November 13, 2014

- - Monthly Manicure(s) | September 2014 - -


Yup, only one manicure for September! Between two part-time jobs and school it has been tough to do anything else but sleep whenever I can. In the next couple of weeks I'll start to slowly start rolling out posts, so make sure you look out for those. As always guys, thanks for bearing with me!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*  Most of the photos in this post were taken indoors with either flash/no flash. *

*Click on the photos to enlarge them.*

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------



Mani #1
Alexandra (Julep) + water decals (The Face Shop)



In September I saw a set of water decals at The Face Shop that I fell in love with and I knew right away that I had to try them out. From what I remember the price of these is somewhere around $4.00 CAD.


The little gingerbread men remind me a lot of Christmas. :)



To create this manicure I first used two coats of Alexandra from Julep as a base colour. Alexandra went on smoothly with the first coat, but as with most of the Julep polishes I had to shake the bottle every so often the second time around.

After making sure that Alexandra was completely dry I got started with applying the water decals. The application was fairly standard. Unlike regular nail stickers you have to submerge the decal (or the patch of decals) that you want to use in water for about 20 seconds. I recommend wetting the nails as well because that'll give you the chance to move the decal into a position you're happy with after placing it on your nail.

 
I'm pretty happy with how the overall manicure looked! My only complaint is that many of the decals wrinkled once the water dried. The reason for this can really be anything from the shape of my nails to my application or even the quality of the decals themselves. Maybe I didn't wait long enough for Alexandra to dry fully?

All I know is that I was able to get certain stickers to lie fairly smoothly (see above), so maybe I just need to try these decals or similar ones from The Face Shop again to see if I'll have the same problem.

Have you ever had problems with water decals? I'd love to hear your thoughts!


Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment