Tuesday, August 11, 2015

- - Teacup Tuesday | Week 5 - -


I hope you are all having a wonderful Tuesday!

I am back today with another Teacup Tuesday post in which I'll go over the DAVIDsTEA Summer Collection with you.

Shall we jump right into it? :)


As I was saying a couple of weeks ago, the tea collections from DAVIDsTEA usually come with something other than just tea. The Summer Collection came with a little pack of 10 Agave sticks, which you can pour into your tea to sweeten it. I have to admit that I just consume most of these on their own because they are so darn good! You can actually find me saying something like: "some for the tea and some for me!" :)

Including the agave sticks, here is an overview of everything in the Summer Collection:


1 || Coconut Ice | DAVIDsTEA || Herbal

Caffeine: none (aka less than 1 mg of caffeine per cup) 
How to prepare: 1.25 tsp | 96° C/205° F | 4-7 min
Ingredients (organic): honeybush, coconut flakes, cocoa shells | natural whipped cream and coconut flavouring





I was pretty excited to see this new tea in the Summer Collection. I've always been a fan of coconut, so it was great to see the ingredient as the star of its own tea rather than as a supporting ingredient in another one. Interestingly enough, in terms of scent, Coconut Ice reminds me of another tea that DAVIDsTEA has - Buttered Rum - which is another favourite of mine.

I'm typically drinking hot teas, but this time around I tried Coconut Ice as an iced tea and the flavour reminded me of toasted coconut - light but present. Where I went wrong with this one was that I added sugar - the tea tasted way too sweet after I did that. Oh well, I will try not to overdo it next time. 

2 || Hard Candy | DAVIDsTEA || Herbal

Caffeine: none (aka less than 1 mg of caffeine per cup) 
How to prepare: 1.25 tsp | 96° C/205° F | 4-7 min
Ingredients: apple, sour cherries, cranberries, coconut chips, kiwi, marigold blossoms | artificial flavouring




Hard candy turned out to be a tangy but sweet kind of tea. It has cherries in it, which creates a kind of sour aftertaste. However, the overall scent and taste is softened by the coconut, apple, and kiwi ingredients. All in all, this is a pleasant and refreshing tea.

3 || Just Peachy | DAVIDsTEA || Herbal

Caffeine: none (aka less than 1 mg of caffeine per cup) 
How to prepare: 1.25 tsp | 96° C/205° F | 4-7 min
Ingredients: apple (apple, citric acid), sweet blackberry leaves, peach | natural and artificial flavouring




Just Peachy is an old favourite of mine that I thought I had featured on a Teacup Tuesday post before, but I guess not. For anyone who is a fan of fruity or herbal teas, this may just be the kind of thing for you. Just Peachy smells amazing! It stays very true to the scent of its key ingredient. In terms of taste, the tea is pleasant, but it can be a little sour/citrusy depending on how you steep it. If you put too much of the loose tea in the tea bag, you may just get a very sour taste. I haven't tried this tea iced yet, but I bet it would be wonderful. :)   

4 || Strawberry Colada | DAVIDsTEA || Herbal

Caffeine: none (aka less than 1 mg of caffeine per cup) 
How to prepare: 1.25 tsp | 96° C/205° F | 4-7 min
Ingredients: hibiscus, rosehip shells, apple, pineapple (pineapple, sugar, citric acid), coconut (coconut, sugar), strawberry | natural and artificial flavouring




Strawberry Colada smells as sweet and pleasant as it sounds (although once again, the tea itself is a little sour). The tea is a very strong mix of strawberries and pineapples. There is a little bit of coconut in this tea as well, which is definitely in the background, but you can tell that it is there. What was kind of fun was that when I was putting the loose tea into a tea filter, I found a huge piece of dried strawberry! Here is the photographic evidence:

It looks a lot more pleasant in person - I promise!

5 || Pom Tango | DAVIDsTEA || Black

Caffeine: medium
How to prepare: 1.25 tsp | 96° C/205° F | 4-7 min
Ingredients: mango (mango, sugar), black tea, pomegranate, mango | artificial flavouring


I have saved the best for last! Pom Tango is just like the teas above in terms of light flavour. In terms of scent though - this one completely killed me! I'm pretty sure I could just stay home all day and smell this tea! No, I really couldn't, but you get my point. I think you go into it thinking that Pom Tango has a very strong pomegranate scent and flavour, but it actually doesn't. The mango is definitely at the forefront here. Unlike the teas above, Pom Tango is the only tea in the Summer Collection that is not herbal, but it still matches the summer theme very well. This is also the only tea that has a sweet aftertaste rather than a sour one. And remember those agave sticks? This tea tastes great with agave and I bet it would taste really refreshing iced!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Verdict for the Summer Collection? It is a great set for anyone who is a fan of herbal and refreshing teas. You do have to like sour tastes at least a little bit as most of the teas are a bit sour.

My personal favourites from this collection are Just Peachy and Pom Tango. Which ones appeal to you? :)

Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment