Saturday, September 05, 2015

- - L'Occitane | Haul | Part 2 - -


Hey, hey!

A few weeks ago I was showing you guys some items I had purchased from L'Occitane, a French retailer of natural skincare and bodycare products. At the end of that review I mentioned there were still a few products I was waiting on and that there would be a part 2. I have now received all of my online purchases from L'Occitane and I'm excited to go through them with you!

Let me show you everything after the jump...


1 || Iris Bleu & Iris Blanc Eau de Toilette || $75.00 for 75 mL


After picking up the lovely Iris hand cream from L'Occitane and falling in love with its soft and powdery scent, I decided to invest in its perfume equivalent. Now this is a pretty pricey eau de toilette, but I figured that it was worth it. After trying it, I can still say that in a lot of ways its worth getting this perfume if you like the scent.

Compared to the Verbena eau de toilette, the Iris Blanc bottle is a much better quality (the spray doesn't flake or leak) and the scent is much stronger and longer-lasting.

Having said that, I'm not sure that this fragrance works well with my skin chemistry. The initial scent is lovely and very true to the fragrance of the hand cream. But after about 30 seconds the scent smells...different. Maybe I just need to give it another chance.

2 || Magnolia & Mûre Eau de Toilette || $75.00 for 75 mL


On the flip side of things, I absolute love the Magnolia eau de toilette! I initially discovered it at a L'Occitane location in a mall near me. The salesperson told me that for some reason the company was actually discontinuing this wonderful fragrance. I'm not sure why they would! Magnolia is a very interesting and unique mix of sweet and floral. I'm pretty happy that it smells wonderful when I put it on, and I'm glad that I picked it up before it stopped being sold.

3 || Iris Bleu & Iris Blanc Hand Cream || $12.00 for 30 mL


I really like this scent. It's light, soft, powdery, and very pleasant. That's why I decided to get a second tube. Plus the hand cream itself is very moisturizing, so brownie points all around!

4 || Iris Bleu & Iris Blanc Soap || $8.00 for 75 g


This soap has the exact same scent of the hand cream - albeit it's much stronger. I haven't brought myself to open this soap, but I pick it up occasionally and enjoy the scent.

5 || Cherry Blossom Shower Gel || $44.00 FREE! for 500 mL



I didn't actually pay anything for this full-size jumbo shower gel because L'Occitane was having a promotion (something like: "get a jumbo shower gel with a $139 purchase") when I placed my order.

If you like the cherry blossom scent then you'll definitely like this body wash. I'm typically not a fan of floral scents, so I thought this was kind of meh. I ended up gifting this to a co-worker who I am sure will enjoy it much more than I ever would.

Samples!


Getting samples isn't as fun online as getting them in store because online you get to choose only three sample packets. In any case, still awesome to get something! I'll be adding the Milk Concentrate sample to the existing 36 mL I have of the same packets. :)

------------------------------------------------

Have you tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments below!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment