Wednesday, May 18, 2016

- - Monthly Empties | April 2016 - -

Wow!

I didn't realize how many products I got to try last month until I was laying them out for photographs. There is soo much to get through in this post, but I've made it easier by keeping my descriptions mostly brief (if there are any) and breaking everything up into categories.


Okay, here goes!

* All of the prices are in Canadian Dollars. *

 - - Cleansing - -
1 || Green Tea Jasmine Cleansing Wipes | $5.90 for 60 tissues | Forever 21 || 
I didn't find these very moist, so I often had to use multiple tissues to wipe away makeup. I think the worst for me was the scent, which was powdery with a hint of green tea. It started off okay, but with 60 tissues to use up the scent quickly becomes nauseating.

2 || Cocoa Shea Butter Cleansing Wipes | $5.90 for 60 tissues | Forever 21 || 
Same thing with these. I honestly thought I would like the cocoa butter a lot better than I did. The powdery scent is pretty much the same for these - albeit a bit stronger.

3 || Mild Cotton Pads | $2.00 for 80 pads | THEFACESHOP || 

4 || Purity Made Simple | $29.00 for 236.6 mL | Philosophy || 
I used to use this cleanser all the time a few years ago. It's very gentle, smells nice, and is mild enough to use for both face and eye & lip makeup. Nowadays I have a more thorough cleansing routine that I'm pretty happy with, but it was nice to re-visit an old favourite!

5 || White Seed Cleansing Foam | $16.00 for 150 mL | THEFACESHOP || 
This exfoliating cleanser was recently repackaged by THEFACESHOP. The popularity of the cleanser caused the company to introduce the White Seed skincare line. It's kind of tough to judge this cleanser from a one-time-use foil packet sample, so I'm going to give it three hearts until I get another chance to try this product out better.

6 || Konjac Cleansing Puff | $5.00 | THEFACESHOP || 

7 || Rice Water Bright Lip & Eye Remover | $13.00 for 120 mL | THEFACESHOP || 

8 || Calming Seed Mild Bubble Foam Cleanser | $15.00 for 150 mL | THEFACESHOP || 
Love the scent and the fact that this cleanser is 95% natural. Don't like that it doesn't lather very much.

9 || Herb Day Cleansing Foam: Peach | $6.00 for 170 mL | THEFACESHOP || 
This is as cheap as THEFACESHOP goes in terms of cleansers. The formula is paraben-free and, in general, the Herb Day line of cleansers is meant for more combination/oily skin because the cleansers have a pore-tightening ingredient (I believe it's horse chestnut). I have sensitive & normal skin and the Peach Cleansing Foam was fine for me. It was a bit drying, but I made sure to follow up my skincare routine afterwards. I really like the smell of this! 

- - Hand / Body Care - -
1 || Magic Food Banana Hand Milk x 2 | ~$5.40 for 84 g | TONYMOLY || 
Oh man, this smells sooo good! Better than actual bananas! The scent does diminish after some time, but I think it's worth it anyway to try out a full-size version eventually.

2 || Hello Body Cream | ~$31.00 for 335 mL | Harvey Prince | 
If you're a fan of the Harvey Prince perfume, Hello, then you'll really like this body cream. I do have the full-size perfume. As much as I really like the scent, I don't really like heavily perfumed body creams, so this loses a heart. Otherwise, this body cream is not too bad.

3 || Ginger Sparkle Body Polish | The Body Shop |
This is a limited edition scent that was available during Christmas time. Love the scent! The scrubbing effect isn't very strong, but still - that smell though!

4 || Shea Whipped Hand Cream | $12.00 for 30 mL | L'Occitaine || 
The scent is pretty much the same as the original L'Occitaine shea butter hand cream. The light texture of this cream and the way it comes out really does make me think of whipped cream!

5 || Lime Basil & Mandarin Body & Hand Wash | ~$32.00 for 100 mL | Jo Malone London || 
I used this primarily as a body wash. I felt like I was washing myself in liquid gel perfume! The scent is strong, but it doesn't seem to last long on my skin after showering.

6 || Rosemary Eucalyptus Body Crème | ~$25.00 for 227 mL | Elite Therapeutics || 
I love everything about this cream. The scent, the packaging, the ingredients, the way that it feels on my skin. If I didn't have a multitude of body creams waiting to be used up, I would totally purchase this product

7 || Néroli & Orchidée Body Milk | $24.00 for 175 mL | L'Occitaine || 
What I thought was funny about this body cream is that it is exactly the same colour (pink) as the foil packet that it came in. The body milk is very moisturizing and feels nice. If it wasn't so floral-scented, I would give it more hearts.

8 || Snow Blosson Waterdrop Hand Cream | Mumur || 
I talked about this hand cream back in 2014. It's super cool how this hand cream works! It literally turns gel into water droplets that moisturize your skin. Not super long-lasting hydration, but enough if you need something short-term. It would be sweet to purchase this again, but I can't seem to find anywhere to do that. 

- - Hair Care - -
1 || Smooth Infusion Nourishing Styling Creme | $26.00 for 250 mL | Aveda || 
I used this as a heat-protector for my hair. The effects are hard to notice. The scent was just okay.

2 || Damage Repairing & Rehydrating Leave-In Treatment | $35.00 for 75 mL | Kiehl's || 
HATED the way this smells, but I persevered and used up the sample. Because of the scent, I won't buy this...ever.

3 || Dry Clean Invisible Dry Shampoo | ~$29.00 for 85 g | Julep || 
I really like this dry shampoo despite its negative reviews. The trick is to adjust the cap every time you finish using it - make sure it's not making the "ssss" noise anymore. The flaw in the design sucks, I know, but this is the only sure way of preventing your product from emptying out from the bottle. The reason why I gave this four hearts is because I have actually found a dry shampoo that is better, but I still keep a bottle of this one around.

4 || Split End Seal | ~$60.00 for 50 mL | Oribe || 
I love this hair treatment so much! I don't know how much it helps with split ends (I'd have to used it more), but I love how it moisturizes my hair and makes my hair smooth for days! The scent is so wonderful! I do eventually want to buy a full-size bottle of this.

5 || American Cream Conditioner | $9.95 for 100 mL | LUSH || 
I really like this conditioner. As soon as I run out of every opened conditioner I have at home I'm purchasing American Cream. The scent is more vanilla than strawberry, but I don't mind that. I love how this makes my hair feel silky smooth and smell wonderful for days. 

- - Skin / Face Care - - 
1 || Smoothing Patches For Tired Eyes | $8.50 for 4 patches | Fruits & Passion || 
I love how moisturizing these are and I love how they are great for sensitive skin. I do find that these make a difference in brightening up my dark circles.

2 || Midnight Recovery Concentrate | $76.00 for 50 mL | Kiehl's || 
I didn't realize that this was a moisturizing facial oil before I opened the package and tried it on my face. Not a fan of having oily skin and not a fan of these kinds of moisturizers (which are intended for very dry skin).
 
3 || Hydrating Treatment | ~$49.00 for 50 mL | Oasis || 
A decent basic gel moisturizer. The scent is fresh.

4 || Calming Seed 1- Second Calming Mist Toner | $15.00 for 150 mL | THEFACESHOP || 
I've been using this toner for almost two years now. It doesn't dry out my skin; in fact, because of the tamanu extract this toner soothes any redness or irritation that I have. You can use this alone as a light moisturizer, but if you use this alone it might feel slightly sticky. The spray applicator is super convenient.

5 || Bright Eyes Modeling Gel Patch | $5.00 for 2 eye patches | THEFACESHOP || 
These are good, but not as good as the Fruits & Passion ones. I used these patches once after I was in the sun for a bit and they left red marks under my eyes. It was probably my fault for using them when I had a slight sunburn, but still - I feel safer using the F&P patches. Having said that, I purchased a lot of these patches before I decided that, so you'll be seeing them again.

6 || Brightening Face Mask (Pearl) | $3.00 for 1 mask sheet | Fruits & Passion || 
I got this mask in my April Passion Box. The mask is moisturizing, soothing, and works with my normal/sensitive skin. I didn't really notice that much of a brightening effect, but the first three things I mentioned are enough for me. When I opened the package the scent of the serum was so strong that I felt like this mask was soaked in a perfume. 

- - Miscellaneous - -
 
1 || Frosted Birch Hand Soap | Fruits & Passion || 
This seems to be one of the seasonal scents that F&P releases around Cristmas time. I picked this up when F&P were doing 70% off of their Christmas stuff. The Frosted Birch scent is wonderful! The soap has tiny sparkles which easily wash away but not before making you feel luxurious.

2 || Aquatic Toothy Tabs | $4.95 for 40 tabs | LUSH || 

3 || Dry Spray Anti-Perspirant (original) | ~$7.00 | Dove || 
This is easy to use and lasts all day. Will totally repurchase once I'm through with other deodorants.

4 || Ink Graffi Brush Pen Liner in black | $18.00 for 0.6 g | THEFACESHOP || 
Before I moved on to liquid eyeliners, I started off with brush eyeliners. These are easy to use, but the recurring problem seems to be that these kinds of eyeliners run out of colour very quickly. If you leave them for a bit the colour becomes strong again...and then it runs out. It's hard to determine when you throw this out since the colour fades and comes back. It's just a never-ending cycle of frustration.

5 || Perfumed Candle - Sea Salt & Amalfi Lemon | $15.50 for 165 g | Fruits & Passion || 
I feel like this is the strongest candle that F&P has. The scent is very fresh, but it's definitely more sea salt than lemon. The candle itself lasts for up to 36 hours if you're burning it consistently.

6 || Perfumed Candle - Frosted Birch | $15.50 for 165 g | Fruits & Passion || 
As I mentioned with its hand soap equivalent, the scent is lovely. The candle itself isn't as strong as the Sea Salt one, but it's not too bad either.

7 || Concentrated Dish Detergent Refill - Sanguinelli Orange and Fennel | $15.00 for 1 L | Fruits & Passion || 

This seems to be the only Cucina scent that my parents like. The smell is more fennel than orange, but I don't mind it since it's not too overpowering. The detergent itself is pretty good.
That's it for now.
Thank you for reading! 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment