Thursday, May 19, 2016

- - Pearl Bath Bombs | Strawberries & Champagne Bath Bomb Review - -


Have you ever tried one of those things where you find a ring in the middle of a candle? No? Me neither.

That's why when a couple of weeks ago my good friend, Roxana, sent me a link on Facebook to Pearl Bath Bombs, I was interested right away. You see, Pearl Bath Bombs is the bath bomb equivalent of companies such as Charmed Aroma. Yet unlike CA, the idea with PBB is that you order a bath bomb, bathe, and when your bath bomb fizzles out you find a mystery ring inside! Pretty cool, no?



Each bath bomb is hand-made with natural ingredients, and comes with a mystery $10-$30 ring (in a random size) and a redemption code.

When you enter the redemption code online you can win a(n additional) ring valued at $100, $1000, or $5000. If you don't win an exclusive ring then PBB will still award you with Pearl Points, which you can save and redeem for free products.

My bathtub isn't the most photogenic - I'm sorry!


I chose one of the cheaper bath bombs, Strawberries & Champagne ($14.94 USD). The scent was very pleasant and not overpowering.

Important - my bathtub wasn't stained after I drained the water.

For about 45 seconds the bath bomb diffused the pleasant scent and turned most of the water pink. After the bath bomb fizzled out I saw a small plastic container, which contained the mystery ring!

So exciting!

And finally...the ring!

Instead of getting one ring, I got two engagement-looking rings! That is pretty awesome because I can wear either one or both - especially if I want to pass myself off as "officially taken" and throw off all my friends. Haha :)

PBB promises that their rings are: "rose-gold plated, silver plated, gold plated or 925 sterling silver plated." Yet just like with similar companies, PBB recommends coating the inside of the ring band with clear nail polish. I understand that things like skin chemistry can be a factor in turning your finger green. At the same time - I hate to say it - but I've never had to coat the inside of good quality rings. Just putting that out there.

I got 20 Pearl Points when I redemeed my code, which is pretty weak considering you get 25 points when you like the company on FB or follow them on Twitter.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts:

Getting to try Pearl Bath Bombs was an interesting experience. I think that if you're looking for a gift then PBB is a great option. Personally, I think I would prefer lighting a candle to find a ring because (when you factor in the shipping costs + the USD-CAD conversion) it comes out to be the same price (~$40 CAD) as buying a bath bomb of this type. Plus, at least with a candle you have something that lasts longer (the scent) and you are left with more (the candle vase) than just a $10 ring afterwards.

As fun as this was to try, I think I'd rather save my money or invest it in a better quality ring that I would be guranteed to like. 

What do you guys think? Would you ever try something of this type?
 Let me know in the comments below!

Thank you for reading! 💕

No comments:

Post a Comment